Ahem…wow, woooow, WOW! What can I say?
*holds The Versatile Blogger Award up high in one hand, Bacardi glass in other.
I did have a speech prepared but of course, I left in on the coffee table, then the dog ate it, just as Pickle was about to put it in the washing machine.
Honestly? I really didn’t think I would win. Wow WOW.
*wafts tears from eyes à la Gwynnie.
Firstly, let me thank my mum and dad for giving me life. Secondly, my manager…
Carried away? Who me? I’m just so nervous. Sorry, let me start again.
I would like to thank all those generous people who voted to bestow this prestigious accolade on me. That’ll be you then, Jen http://lovefoodcookfood.com/. (Check out her fab recipes and reviews)
It shall of course be polished to within an inch of my life, and placed majestically on the back of my downstairs loo.
I am completely overwhelmed that Jen decided to give me this honour, and that at least one person has enjoyed reading the contents of my stuffed-up head.
I started rambling when I was a child. It came quite naturally and has just grown from there, really. I just decided to share these ramblings with you because, quite frankly, I was starting to eat my elbows. And well, you know that old adage: a rambling shared is a…..What is it again? Is that the saying? Did I just make that up?
The notion behind The Versatile Blogger Award is that it: “is a great way to introduce different bloggers to each other and to promote quality blogs that awardees and their readers may not have discovered otherwise.”
There are conditions attached to accepting this award. So, as much as I hate to follow the rules, it is only polite to do so. And I am nothing, if polite. Erm. *scratches head. I mean, I am nothing, if NOT polite. It’s the nerves, I apologise.
The Very Important Rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
- In the same post, include this set of rules.
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
7 things you wish you didn’t know about me:
- I was born a man named Bob.OK, not really, but if I had have been a boy, I was going to be called Robert. So I’m putting pennies on it that, at some point, somebody somewhere would have called me Bob.
- My first dog was called Brandy. I think that could be where my fetish for alcoholic beverage names came from (aged 2).
- I took extra-curricular physics so I could fit in an extra option in my quest to be a vet. As you can tell from my bio, I made it. I’m very successful, with a special interest in equine dentistry. I just disguise it well.
- I sing. Badly. At karaoke. But I think I’m blinkin’ great. That’s the power of Bacardi.
- I hold a Certificate in Orienteering. I do. Except when it was handed to me on a school trip to Bournemouth (aged 10), it read: Claire can read a map. Or something like that. I think somebody Tipp-exed ‘badly’ out. I never told anyone.
- I love Gloria Estefan. I rarely admit this, but I do. I think it’s the hair. I once had the very same hair. Except it was mine, not hers.
- I gained my Silver Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and achieved a Silver (summat) Award in skiing. Now you see why this award means so much to me. Third time lucky!
And the next set of nominees (winners) are: *drum roll
- Raising a Realist http://raisingarealist.com/
- Like A Fiery Pussycat http://suzynormanfiction.wordpress.com/
- Working from Home http://www.russwrites.co.uk/
- BabberBlog http://newbabber.blogspot.co.uk/
- They call me betty http://theycallmebetty.com/
- The Crumby Mummy http://www.thecrumbymummy.co.uk/
- Sally Donovan http://www.sallydonovan.net/
- Adopt and keep Calm http://adoptandkeepcalm.wordpress.com/
- The Boys Behaviour http://theboysbehaviour.blogspot.co.uk/
- Life with Katie http://our-adoption-story.blogspot.co.uk/
- The Musings of Me http://knightys.blogspot.co.uk/
- 400 Days til 40 http://400daystil40.wordpress.com/
- The Family of 5s Journey http://thefamilyof5.wordpress.com
- Stephanie Moon http://stephanieharrietwhalley.wordpress.com
- The Boy and Me http://www.theboyandme.co.uk/
Bask in the glory peeps, but grubby mitts off my gleaming award!