This is a guest star named Gherkin. And this part of the blog is all about how tough it is for me and for every child who has had such a change and impact to what has happened to them over the years they have been through the adoption process.
4 things that have been really hard for me over the past few years
- The urge to retaliate and to do to Pickle what he does to me to show him what it feels like but I really think that that is the wrong thing to do.
- The pain when I get bit and really hurt.
- When he calls me names they are just words he does not know but they still get to me sometimes.
- The thing about doing things different to what I would usually do and trying to keep my calm is very difficult.
4 things that have been good about the past few years
- The feeling of giving Pickle a new home.
- The feeling I get when he thanks me and cuddles me.
- When he looks up to me.
- Seeing how far he has come.
If you are thinking of adopting I think you should do it because it is a thing that you will not regret. Just forget about the negative and look at the positive. You will give a wonderful child a new loving family and a brand new house to live in.