This is me: Claire. Married to Other Half (OH) for 17 years. Graduate linguist. Self-employed translator of French, German, and Spanish into English. Mum to 2 gloriously cheeky boys: my handsome, witty 13-year old birth son and my cute, feisty 9-year old adopted son. Never a dull moment in the Permanently Pickled household (an exaggerated double-entendre, no need to report me to Social Services). Predominantly, my blog aims to be an honest account of the trials, tribulations, and euphoric moments of our post-adoption journey….or in other words: a place for me to vent my frustrations and generally have a good ol’ gripe.
- RT @HuffPoUKParents: Adoption, I’m sorry it’s not like the movies, @nadjasmit blogs huff.to/2m9AJmS https://t.co/51jk9QXjY4 2 weeks ago
- Petition: Mandatory training in #education re impact of abuse/trauma on children petition.parliament.uk/petitions/1768… #adoption #care #trauma #abuse 1 month ago
- RT @MarinaHyde: I've read Gove's "immensely dignified African-American attendant" six times and it doesn't get any less excruciating https:… 2 months ago
- RT @sturdyAlex: Don't worry He won't be selected Don't worry He won't win Don't worry It's all an act Don't worry Once in office, he'll beh… 2 months ago
- RT @JamieRoss7: This, from Piers Morgan, may be the most heartbreakingly pathetic thing ever uttered by a human being. https://t.co/MC1pNtB… 2 months ago
- 16,107 hits